Today we look at a few questions that appeared in XAT 2014 exam. Note that XAT 2014 questions are also a good set of practice questions for CAT 2014.
The questions below have the question followed by a Video Solution!
1.Evaluate the following:
2. Two numbers, 297B and 792B, belong to base B number system. If the first number is a factor of the second number then the value of B is
3. Aditya has a total of 18 red and blue marbles in two bags (each bag has marbles of both colors). A marble is randomly drawn from the first bag followed by another randomly drawn from the second bag, the probability of both being red is 5/16. What is the probability of both marbles being blue?
4. The probability that a randomly chosen positive divisor of 1029 is an integer multiple of 1023 is a2/b2, then 'b - a' would be:
5. The number of the possible values of X in the equation |X + 7| + |X - 8| = 16 is
6. A polynomial ax3 + bx2 + cx + d intersects x-axis at 1 and -1, and y-axis at 2. The value of b is:
Cannot be Determined
7. S = ax/(b+c+x) where all parameters are positive. If x is increased and all other terms are kept constant, S will
Increases and then decreases
Decreases and then increases
Cannot be determined
8. x, 17, 3x - y2 - 2, and 3x + y2 - 30, are four consecutive terms of an increasing arithmetic sequence. The sum of the four number is divisible by:
In our future posts, we will be adding more questions from XAT 2014, which should be also be a very good practice set for CAT 2014.
To register for Oliveboard's XAT course, Click here